**Submissions are now open!!**
Alpha Female Society began with a singular vision between a few young women who wanted to share their hopes, dreams, and plans of action to be the best versions of themselves in their workplace and domestic spheres. We are delighted to share in this vision with you by now accepting guest posts written in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and other forms of creative expression including visual arts.
With a tight knit and loyal group of readers and friends, Alpha Female Society reaches a niche audience of individuals who are actively seeking a space where they can be their most authentic self.
The site has grown steadily since 2015, in large part because openhearted contributors, readers, and followers, like yourself, have been generous in sharing their unique points of view.
Anyone, of any age, race, gender, heritage, and so forth, can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with a bio, for inclusion on the AFS blog.
This is not an elite space just for self-described “Alpha Females”. This is not a bourgeois community reserved for experts, thought leaders, or “professional bloggers.” This is not a space for people to say that women are better than or superior to men. This is a blog for anyone simply believes women shouldn’t be limited to either having a great career or having a great personal life. AFS is a blog for people who know and practice the vital importance of work-life integration.
WHAT MAKES AN AFS POST?
The posts on Alpha Female Society all have the following things in common:
- They examine (written, illustrated, photographed, etc.) what it means to be a working and empowered woman with no commodification or exploitation.
- They seek to support richness of mind, body, and soul, supporting themselves and others with a prosperous and well-balanced lifestyle.
- They’re pragmatic and realistic, providing examples of how they or others they have known, admired, and/or studied embodies an Alpha Female lifestyle.
WHY CONTRIBUTE TO ALPHA FEMALE SOCIETY?
- Your post will receive targeted exposure, promoted to hundreds friends and affiliates on the AFS blog–and growing!
- The AFS community is a supportive and open-minded group of progressive individuals.
- If you’d like to include your webpage, every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Please note that any submitted photos and websites are subject to approval.
- We’ll pay you for your post upon acceptance!
- Fiction & Poetry: $20/piece
- Non-Fiction: $15/piece
- Visual Arts: $25/piece
WRITING GUIDELINES (FICTION & POETRY PIECES)
- Aim for a word count less than 3,500 words.
- We’re looking for honest and insightful posts written by you on a relevant topic of your choice. Please keep in mind that our main audience are women. We are especially interested in stories and viewpoints on intersectional feminism written by women and POC, but you don’t have to be a woman or a person of color to submit!
WRITING GUIDELINES (NON-FICTION PIECES)
- Aim for a word count between 250-1,000 words.
- Share a specific, honest, and insightful post about a topic related to women and work-life integration. We are especially interested in stories and viewpoints on intersectional feminism written by women and POC.
- You can reference your own business and blog in the body of the post.
VISUAL ARTS GUIDELINES (PHOTOGRAPHS, ILLUSTRATIONS)
- Please prepare your image gallery, upload to an online lightbox (or other accessible, online location), and submit an e-mail with a short description of the project (no more than 300 words), a short bio of the artist (no more than 250 words), and the corresponding online gallery/lightbox link.
- Media submissions that are e-mailed as attachments will not be considered.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send your post in plain text (no HTML) into a body of an e-mail (please no attachments) to AlphaFemaleSociety@Outlook.com, starting with “GUEST POST” and the title of your submission in the subject line. Please only send one submission per email.
- Please include a short bio (less than 250 words) of yourself.
- Please only submit posts that you have personally written.
- All accepted posts will be paid via PayPal or Venmo – please provide your PayPal address or Venmo handle to accept payment.
- If your post feels like a good fit for the blog at this time, you will receive a response within two weeks. If you don’t receive a response, please feel free to try again with a different post.
- Please note that links or images in the body of the post may be removed if deemed inappropriate or out-of-context.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog.
- You may be asked to revise to make your post stronger or clearer, and your proposed title may be changed before the post goes live.
- Your post may be edited for clarity, grammar, and overall style. If there are any major changes made, you will be asked to review and approve it first.
- We value your diverse viewpoints and ask that your posts show respect for the AFS community and our readers. We will not tolerate posts that display or promote hatred, intolerance, discrimination, obscenity, profanity, vulgarity, or violence.
Thank you for your consideration and for being part of the Alpha Female Society!
thank you for following my blog! happy that you like it 🙂 what an interesting blog you have 🙂 for sure will be back here 🙂
Good to meet you the other day, Kelly…and we didn’t even get to discuss ConZerge. Next time!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks, John! I got so wrapped up and your travel stories. Hope to discuss ConZerge more with you next time. Hmm, which reminds me I need to update my About page since I haven’t actually updated this in about a year…
LikeLiked by 1 person