The other night, my husband looked at me and asked, “Would you like to have a date night?” I looked at him like he had three heads. Even though we see each other practically 24/7 since the quarantine started, I’m embarrassed to admit that I let the romance slide. We were so focused on surviving and getting through this together that we forgot to try and have fun along the way. I’m a professional matchmaker too, so I was even more embarrassed given that I tell my clients all the time to keep the romance alive.
I couldn’t remember the last time he and I sat down to each other, had a nice meal, and really talked. He put together two charcuterie plates for us, and I put together 20 fun questions for our date night at home. We’re normally in NYC in our bedroom apartment, but when my folks invited us to New Jersey to get some fresh air, we gladly accepted the invite to quarantine with them since mid-March. We headed to the backyard and enjoyed watching the sunset, feeling the grass beneath our feat, and talking and laughing like there was no one else in the world but us.
Here are 20 fun date night questions to liven up your next date night!
- What color best defines the mood you’re in?
- What kind of music makes you want to get up and sing?
- What is the best purchase you’ve ever made?
- If you had to spend the rest of your life in one place, where would it be?
- What is your favorite kind of candy?
- Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
- What is the longest period of time you’ve spent in a car?
- What song reminds you most of the disco era?
- What color do you think looks best on you?
- What will you be doing 10 years from today?
- What musical instrument have you always aspired to play?
- What do you consider the ultimate vacation?
- What fictional character do you identify with the most?
- If you could live in any decade of history, which one would it be and why?
- What is your favorite greasy appetizer?
- What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Who is your favorite comedian?
- What do Martians do for fun on Mars?
- If you could have a view of anything from your bedroom, what would you choose?
- What always makes you a more confident person?
While matchmaking and being a dating expert helps me pay the bills, I ultimately do it because I love what I do. I love to help people. I see the daily result of making an impact in people’s lives, no matter how small, every day. I am here to help people continue to make connections, even if virtually. Your physical health and safety come first. That also means that your emotional wellbeing should be taken care of. Dating, even virtually, can help in the meantime until we’re all ready to come offline again.
If you’re interested in trying Matchmaking for free, here’s my free code!
TRY MATCHMAKING FOR FREE WITH KELLY!
While we have packages and paid services, your experience would be totally complimentary and confidential. Fill in a little more information about yourself. If it’s a match, we’ll be in touch about setting up a date.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and wash your hands,